Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fairytale gone bad? - Not so much

If only life where a fairytale and all men were like Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribean my life would be a happy place. We would live on a rainbow and at the end instead of gold we would find endless fields of milk and Oreo's. Milk and Oreo's because you don't really need gold, just food in order to survive. I am a practical sort of girl that way.

From Tasty Paintings: http://tastypaintings.blogspot.de/2011/04/cupcakes-creativity-art.html


If life was a fairytale I would not have to get up at 8 am on a Saturday morning after only two hours of sleep.

If life was a fairytale, my fairytale, everyone I loved would always be close to me. Of course I would also have a cute little white winged pony called Tinkerbelle and I would never have to clean up after him. 

Heck if life was a fairytale I would have my very own fairy godmother, who would love me so much, that she would grand any wish I had.

While my life is obviously no fairytale (there is no one fulfilling my wishes with magic wands and a pony, winged or otherwise is pretty much out of the question; even Oreo’s are taboo because I forbade myself from eating bought sweets), there are some occasions that make you wonder. Moments in which a person you have never had much to do with takes the time at 3 am to listen your troubles and actually goes through the effort to find a plausible solution with you even though they don't have to. It's when someone you barely know gives you a hug just because you need one right now. It's also a friend who, when you are alone on the street at 4.30 am and are afraid of walking the darkest part of your road on your own, suddenly shows up out of nowhere to walk with you, especially if you don't want to be alone right then.

It's moments like this that sometimes make me believe that maybe my life could be a fairytale after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment