Monday, November 28, 2011

who needs lakes, pools or toilets when you have a handbag that can do the job!?


My mobile won’t turn on. Whether that is because it’s out of battery or because it got pretty wet is anyone’s guess. I sure as hell don’t know. To be sure however it went on the heater to completely dry out before I try to turn it on again. I was also given the advice to put it into a bowl of rice and then onto the heater. However, I cannot be sure how reliable that advice is, since it was given to me after the consummation of quite a few glasses of hot spiced wine. Wasted people tend to be more unreliable than their sober alter egos we get in contact with in everyday life. Since my mobile didn’t fall into the toilet or went swimming in any other way (no, I did not fall into the water while just happening to carry my mobile at the same time, either) I decided to try just drying it on the heater. No rice or other groceries involved. Except maybe the chocolate wandering into my mouth. Comfort food, of course. Though I stayed mostly dry I believe I deserve a little reassurance right now! Even if it results from a bar of milk chocolate with cocoa-crème-filling!

So this is how it happened:

My day started out so good! I went in and out of town without spending a cent and the backache that just won’t give me a break was aching at a more or less bearable level. On top of that I got a heat plaster for my back and some pizza-quiche-food thingy for free! I should have known right there that it was too good to be true.
When I went back into the city to meet a friend at the christmas market in the evening, I decided that I really needed to take some water. I like to keep something to drink with me at any time. Experience tells me that dehydration is a bitch and I hadn’t had much to drink all day, so I was a little more desperate than usual.
Not drinking enough tends to cause me to get a really bad stomach ache and having that in addition to the back ache would have seriously pissed me off. As it is I already feel like a broken old woman that was beaten with a baseball bat a few times too often!
No need to deliberately add to my suffering!
Since it was impossible to get anything else on short notice I had to settle on sparkling water. Sadly we were out of small bottles as well so I used the one left from my ice tea that morning. Again, I was lucky. Again, no suspicion. (See a pattern here?) Anyway, I filled some of the water into the small bottle so I wouldn't have to carry 1.5l all night. Smart, you would think and you would think wrong.
That was not the best idea I’ve ever had.
When I sat in the car, my bag in my lap, I suddenly realized that something wet was dripping down my leg. Turns out the bottle was not made for sparkling water or sparkling whatever in general. My only luck: it was just water. I would have been screwed had it been juice or coke or lemonade!
Thankfully I also got away with only a few damp spots on my legs. Neither my bag, nor my mobile where as lucky.
Thanks to my mobile not working I nearly missed meeting a friend, but we managed somehow anyway. In addition to all of this, my favorite waffle stand has been replaced by a fried-something place! (Yuck!) How am I supposed to get through this christmas without it? 
However, we also went to see a pretty awesome musical. So all in all the evening turned out to be quite fun. Broken mobile and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment