Monday, September 17, 2012

One of those moments

Losing someone you love is one of the hardest things we have to deal with in life. When my dad died of cancer over three years ago it was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. Quite frankly it was hell to watch the man he was disappear a little more every single day. Not one day passes I don't think about him. Not one day passes where I don't miss him.
Some days though are harder than others. Yesterday I thought about calling my family with news on what I've been up to lately. In that moment I actually though: 'I should call dad and let him know about this and that. He would so love that story.'
For that one second I totally forgot that he was gone, only to realize the next that I will never get to call or tell him anything ever again.
Those times are the worst. It's like losing him all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment