Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Brazil 101: Round two

When a Brazilian asks you to his place to watch a movie you might think he is asking you to watch a movie. Please be careful though, because that is not the intention behind his request. This is just a sly, very sly way of asking whether you want to come over to make out. Which is what the whole movie thing is about. He won’t even pretend interest in a movie. He might or might not start one though. If not, he will get right to the point.
Now if someone invites me over for a movie I think they are inviting me to watch a movie, not do the horizontal tango (or samba as would be more appropriate here).
Yes, I am naïve that way. And no, I do not know what to do about it!
The only thing that comes to mind is that from now on I will try to consult with one of my male friends before making any kind of rash decisions in these regards! No meeting alone with a Brazilian!  
Unless I want to make out with him of course.
Something I just love about Brazilians though is that they have a way to make me feel good about myself. They are true ego boosters. I have never met men who were more generous with compliments. The best thing about this is that they actually mean it. They will not tell an ugly girl how beautiful she is (lie, of course). And when they say you look awesome you definitely look pretty to them.
Maybe I am just deluding myself by believing this, but I do like a good compliment just as well any other women. And ladies, come on! You will never find a man happier to pay homage to you with words than a Brazilian! They might do it to get into our pants, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the attention, right? After all who gets and who doesn’t is still up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment