Saturday, March 17, 2012

hunter... or haunted?

I found this on http://www.onlinewahn.de/b99.jpg and thought it was only suitable



































































































































There are mice in my apartment.  Small, cheeky and disturbingly pesky they are making my life hell these days. I might be studying biology (which makes everyone assume that I love animals, which I do) but when they start living in my apartment without being invited and eat my chocolate that’s when my love to animal’s stops.
I am not good with uninvited guests. Some people might call this a German trait. I call it survival instinct.
Two days ago I went into the kitchen at around 00:30. I already knew we had mice in (as in inside) the walls at that point and the man from pest control was scheduled to arrive the next day. What I did not know was that the annoying rodents had already proceeded into our kitchen. Making their way from their little nests in the wall through a tiny space underneath the sink where the pipes are placed.
So there I was in my PJs ready to call it a day when I heard that really strange sound. It didn’t sound like something was running around in my wall. I knew that sound! It was the noise my pet hamster had made in its cage every single knight for its entire life, shuffling around.
Usually I would have taken it with humor. Unfortunately I was a little sleep deprived and totally alone, so I kid of freaked out a little. Not because I am afraid of mice.
Heavens no!
But the thought of them anywhere near my food makes my limbic system go into overdrive and my pulse speed up in an angry fit!  
I very carefully looked through one drawer after another until I found the one mousy had taken residence in. Of course it was the one of my flat mate who has been on holiday for weeks now! If he hadn’t been, or one of us had used his drawer we might have noticed before. As it is I have no idea how long they have been sharing my personal space.
I hate them!
Thankfully the guy from pest control showed up the next day and put up traps everywhere. Die, stupid mice! Die!
As I said I get a little testy when someone eats my chocolate. It’s just their luck they have not touched my shoes! I would have killed every last one with my own two hands or died trying.
 Now all we have to do is wait. Right! As if it was that easy.
I have to put all my groceries in places I can’t reach without climbing a chair. I hope they die soon!
bait box
On the other hand the exterminator said that though the poisonous bait he laid out all over our flat (do not touch it says on every small white box!!!) is supposed to dry out the mice and make them look like furry little mummies (hehehe) they will probably still smell should they end up dying in the apartment. 
Die in the wall you stupid mice! Or go outside to draw your last breath! You have already caused me enough trouble!
Do I feel vicious today? Man, do I ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment