Monday, March 26, 2012

chemistry, the bain of my existence


What a crappy day! First I forgot my gloves, then I got some chemical on my hand that leaves me with a blue-brown ring on my pinky finger (not the nice variety, but the I am a chemical I can burn your flesh away kind that might or might not be the cause of my death twenty years from now), then the cooler of our distillation unit broke and after we got a new one we tried for over half an hour to get a sufficient vacuum for our distillation and last but not least there was this mean lab assistant asking me all kinds of questions.
Actually we are working in groups of two, so he was asking us lots of questions. Sadly my lab partner didn’t say a danmed thing so it was on me to do the talking. As if I have any clue what to say.
In the end mean lab assistant actually gave us homework. HOMEWORK! I had not done homework since I finished school.
Man, was I tempted to just do nothing and tell him to go screw himself. But I really, really don’t want to have to do the stupid lab again which left me one option and one option only. To suck it up and do freaking homework. 
Now my bright, pretty little self knows about boiling point/pressure diagrams and the Beckmann Rearrangement.
And isn't this great!? More stuff I never wanted to know taking up valuable storage capacity in my already overflowing brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment